[gambit-list] Black Hole and C source

Mikael mikael.rcv at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 09:12:08 EST 2013

2013/1/22 Álvaro Castro-Castilla <alvaro.castro.castilla at gmail.com>

> I've recalled that the issue happened when trying to compile with ffi code
> that couldn't be linked with native libs and loaded, ie depends on
> libraries for another platform. I believe this is true for BH old branch as
> well unless the code expansion doesnt load code in the interpreter (I doubt
> it). Please correct me if you can fix that, I'll be very happy :-)

Can you tell how to reproduce this?

> Anyway, this is something that we need to get working, besides cleaning up
> and documenting Blackhole because ATM is barely maintanable IMO. BH should
> become a community project.

..

> We can't just let the syntactic branch sit there unmaintained.

Agree 100%.

I'll get into tweaking the syntactic branch into good functioning and
bringing order to documentation of surface aspects for all BH in a while.

Re BH internals, documentation and adding comments, and perhaps even
reimplementation of some bit just in case needed for high code clarity, I
guess would be completely relevant.

Also, what about documentation of these macro facilities in general, as you
Alvaro proposed in an email ~2w ago?

I just can't live without syntax-rules. Alexpander is great, but modules
> are a must for big projects and shareable libs.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Álvaro

Brgds