[gambit-list] Black Hole and C source

Álvaro Castro-Castilla alvaro.castro.castilla at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 09:41:27 EST 2013

On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 3:12 PM, Mikael <mikael.rcv at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2013/1/22 Álvaro Castro-Castilla <alvaro.castro.castilla at gmail.com>
>
>> I've recalled that the issue happened when trying to compile with ffi
>> code that couldn't be linked with native libs and loaded, ie depends on
>> libraries for another platform. I believe this is true for BH old branch as
>> well unless the code expansion doesnt load code in the interpreter (I doubt
>> it). Please correct me if you can fix that, I'll be very happy :-)
>>
> Can you tell how to reproduce this?

I'll be able to tell you when I come back to BH. At the moment I use my own
system with Alexpander. But you can take a look at my branch:
https://github.com/alvatarc/blackhole/commits/master

> I'll get into tweaking the syntactic branch into good functioning and
> bringing order to documentation of surface aspects for all BH in a while.

If you plan on doing this, we should coordinate.

> Re BH internals, documentation and adding comments, and perhaps even
> reimplementation of some bit just in case needed for high code clarity, I
> guess would be completely relevant.

Yes it is relevant. Especially the packages part needs some review. The
macros part is too scary for me to dive into it ATM.

> Also, what about documentation of these macro facilities in general, as
> you Alvaro proposed in an email ~2w ago?

Well, that's a completely different topic: I planned on writing about
techniques for developing syntax-rules macros, but not about implementation
details or any other gory details. Just some practical tutorial. I don't
have time to do this if I get into BH though!

Best regards,

Álvaro