[gambit-list] Black Hole and C source

Álvaro Castro-Castilla alvaro.castro.castilla at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 06:52:06 EST 2013

I've recalled that the issue happened when trying to compile with ffi code
that couldn't be linked with native libs and loaded, ie depends on
libraries for another platform. I believe this is true for BH old branch as
well unless the code expansion doesnt load code in the interpreter (I doubt
it). Please correct me if you can fix that, I'll be very happy :-)

Anyway, this is something that we need to get working, besides cleaning up
and documenting Blackhole because ATM is barely maintanable IMO. BH should
become a community project. Currently is maintained be Per but he doesn't
have much interest on it right now. Contributions had been just a few api
changes and small improvements. We can't just let the syntactic branch sit
there unmaintained.

I just can't live without syntax-rules. Alexpander is great, but modules
are a must for big projects and shareable libs.

Best regards,

Álvaro