[gambit-list] Full coding environment for iOS, on an iPad

Joe Doyle Ardent ardent at nebcorp.com
Thu Oct 27 19:02:29 EDT 2011

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 03:36:45PM -0700, Steve Graham wrote:

> This reminds me a lot of App Inventor
> (http://www.appinventorbeta.com/about/), which I believe is based on
> Kawa Scheme.

	I think you're right about App Inventor being based on Kawa.
But AI is just a visual veneer over Scheme that tries to hide the fact
that you're writing code.  Codify is different in a way that I think is
crucial: it's a fusion of writing code (like, entering text) with
tactile manipulation of the live runtime, and *it's all on the tablet*.
In terms of the user experience, they are worlds apart.

-Joe