[gambit-list] swank-gambit backend for SLIME

James Long longster at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 12:04:22 EST 2010

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 3:52 AM, REPLeffect <repleffect at gmail.com> wrote:

> I can connect fine to the swank instance and can evaluate valid
> symbols fine.  The problem that I have is that when I enter a symbol
> that has not been defined, I don't get an error when I press enter.

 I'm not sure why this is happening.  But, we should make sure that
everything is setup properly for you to get a REPL at the terminal if an
error happened within swank-gambit.

First, get my newest version of swank-gambit:

http://github.com/jlongster/swank-gambit/

I just pushed some changes to the way I'm redirecting output to SLIME.
 There was a possibility that I was swallowing the REPL that Gambit created
when the error occurred.

Second, change the SWANK-DEBUG variable to #t at the top of
swank-gambit.scm.  This will output messages to the terminal and REPLs
should fire up when an error occurs within swank-gambit.

Third, make sure you run swank-gambit with "-:dar" which tells it to create
REPLs for any error on all threads.  The command should look like:

$ gsi -:dar swank-gambit.scm

Try it with all that.  Does a REPL appear at the terminal with an exception?
 What is the error if so?

- James