[gambit-list] swank-gambit backend for SLIME

REPLeffect repleffect at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 14:07:10 EST 2010

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 12:51 PM, REPLeffect <repleffect at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 12:09 PM, REPLeffect <repleffect at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Wow, I hadn't tried running call-with-output-string separately, I'd
>>> just looked at the code that called it and didn't see anything wrong
>>> with it.  However, when I ran your suggested code I got the exact same
>>> error.  Then I tried it on the Mac Mini, and it printed out the
>>> results with no errors.  I'm using the exact same source code of
>>> gambit on both machines, so the results surprise me a little.  I'm
>>> going to try building that version of gambit on another Linux machine
>>> I have and see if the results are the same.
>>>

>> Interestingly enough, the rebuilt code on the other Linux machine has
>> the exact same error message.  I'm going to try downloading the latest
>> version of Gambit and see if the problem goes away.
>>

> Nope.  Gambit 4.6.0 gives the exact same error message under Linux.
> It was compiled using gcc 4.3.2 (from the current Debian 5.0 package).
>  I ran configure only with the --enable-single-host option.  I did run
> 'make check' before installing, and all of the tests passed.
>
> I am now recompiling without the --enable-single-host option, to see
> if that makes any difference.

And nope, configuring without  --enable-single-host made no difference
(I wasn't really expecting it to, but I thought it was worth trying).

Sorry, I thought I had been sending all of this to the list and
instead was just sending/replying to James' email.  I have filled in
the missing messages above.