[gambit-list] swank-gambit.scm question

Terje Norderhaug terje at in-progress.com
Thu Feb 11 17:50:48 EST 2010

On Feb 10, 2010, at 7:56 PM, REPLeffect wrote:
>   I've looked and I don't see anything about licensing on the Gambit
> Scheme backend.  I believe James said he started with Marc's code and
> fleshed it out from there, so I'll direct the question to both of you.
>  What are the license terms for using this code?  Does it fall under
> the same licenses as Gambit itself?
>
> It's always good to know when you're using someone else's code.

I am glad attention is paid to the license terms of user
contributions. I have numerous cases in which I've had some code that
would have been useful to include in projects but in which the
license terms were unclear and the author nowhere to be found, making
the code fade into obscurity instead of being maintained and used.
Example of bad practice: claiming a copyright but not providing terms
allowing free and open source use despite that being the intention.

-- Terje Norderhaug
   terje at in-progress.com