[gambit-list] swank-gambit.scm question

James Long longster at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 19:16:11 EST 2010

Alright, I have added the licenses to swank-gambit.  It is released
under a dual LGPL and Apache 2 license just like Gambit.  See the
updated project here:

http://github.com/jlongster/swank-gambit

I also noticed that Gambit (and swank-gambit) has this line at the top
of each file:

;;; File: "swank-gambit.scm", Time-stamp: <2010-02-15 19:08:52 james>

I think I like this, and I have added the `time-stamp` procedure to my
save hook in Emacs to fix the timestamp in swank-gambit.  Marc, do you
manually write out this line every time you make a new file, or is
there something in Emacs to automatically generate this?  There's two
things that might be annoying about this:

* Renaming files and forgetting to update the filename.  Why is the
filename included?
* Saving files back to their original content (compared to last commit
in version control), but VC still marks the file as changed because
the timestamp is different

I'm more prepared for the first point of renaming to become an issue.
I'm going to try it out though.

- James