[gambit-list] calling scheme from C

Adrien Piérard pierarda at iro.umontreal.ca
Mon Jun 15 10:56:59 EDT 2009

2009/6/15 Bradley Lucier <lucier at math.purdue.edu>:
> On Jun 15, 2009, at 9:33 AM, Marc Feeley wrote:
>> One remaining issue... what should be the default gsc option?  Currently
> I think with dynamic languages like Scheme and Lisp with a REPL and a large
> runtime, the default should remain -dynamic.
> Brad

I was going to answer "static", but in fact, dynamic is ok.

However, as it is a long name, --exe and --dynamic are more consistent
(double hyphens).

I really like this --exe idea. It would be cool too if, while doing
its job, it could print each step it's following (showing each
independently run command).

GHC has a neat ghc --make command, which basically does (half of) what
you are going to do
http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/latest/html/users_guide/modes.html#make-mode
Can gambit too, follow dependencies the same way and build too object
files when it sees a load/include and that the file is there (and that
no static analysis shows this load is in fact dynamically bound to a
function that returns the pi-th root of the golden ratio)

Finally, this improvement should get highlights on the website (as in
"See how easy it is!")

P!

--
Français, English, 日本語, 한국어