[gambit-list] Gambit compiling from Source

Nikhil Barthwal nikhilb at sce.carleton.ca
Sun Dec 6 15:44:37 EST 2009

Hi,

I am new to Gambit as well as new to Scheme programming. I would like to
download and use a Stable version of scheme. Also, I want to compile from
source rather than use the binary distribution.

Can someone tell me which file I need to download? I see bunch of files
in the site. Which version is the stable version? And further whats the
difference between gambc-v#_#_#-devel.tgz & gambc-v#_#_#.tgz and which one
should I download?

Thanks,

Nikhil