[gambit-list] Emacs + Gambit on Windows

Siddharth heroor at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 21:33:11 EST 2009

Siddharth <heroor <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying out gambit 4.5.3 on Windows XP. I installed it using the mingw
> distribution.
>

> If I try to run gsi from a dos shell within emacs, a new windows pops up with
> gsi running, but it doesn't echo anything that I type.

Figured it out - Need to run gsc or gsi not in console mode but in raw stdin/
stdout mode. My .emacs looks like this.

;; GAMBIT installation
(autoload 'gambit-inferior-mode "gambit" "Hook Gambit mode into cmuscheme.")
(autoload 'gambit-mode "gambit" "Hook Gambit mode into scheme.")
(add-hook 'inferior-scheme-mode-hook (function gambit-inferior-mode))
(add-hook 'scheme-mode-hook (function gambit-mode))
(setq scheme-program-name "gsc -:d-")

If we run gsc instead of gsi, then we can use C-c C-k to compile the file.

--
Siddharth