[gambit-list] Emacs + Gambit on Windows

Siddharth heroor at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 08:03:14 EST 2009

Hi,

I'm trying out gambit 4.5.3 on Windows XP. I installed it using the mingw
distribution.

I can run both gsc and gsi just fine from a command console, but I can't seem
to get inferior scheme mode working on Emacs (v23.1.1). I put gambit.el in my
load path and set (require 'gambit) in my .emacs file.

When I try to run gsi using Meta-x run-scheme, I get a new emacs buffer but
don't seen the REPL.

If I try to run gsi from a dos shell within emacs, a new windows pops up with
gsi running, but it doesn't echo anything that I type.

Any ideas?

--
Siddharth