[gambit-list] SGDL, where art thou?

Bradley Lucier lucier at math.purdue.edu
Tue May 8 23:49:00 EDT 2007

I followed Dominique's e-mail about the next MSLUG meeting to the
MSLUG home page and clicked on some "Companies known to use Lisp/
Scheme".  It seems that the SGDL and Logik3d pages are no more,
although there are

http:/www.sgdl.com/

(permanently under construction) and

http://logik3d.free.fr/

I found the SGDL paper from the Scheme 2000 workshop (was it really
so long ago?), and I still find it interesting.  And the current
version of Gambit, with inline fixnum arithmetic jumping to the
bignum routines when necessary, would be a much better platform for
such a system.

It appears that Dominique wrote a lot of code for the SGDL system, at
least from some messages that went back and forth on the PLT mail
list.   Is there anyone still trying to do stuff like this in Scheme
and/or Lisp (and don't tell me AutoCAD!).

Brad