[gambit-list] SGDL, where art thou?

schemeway at sympatico.ca schemeway at sympatico.ca
Mon May 14 14:02:08 EDT 2007

Brad,

>I followed Dominique's e-mail about the next MSLUG meeting to the
>MSLUG home page and clicked on some "Companies known to use Lisp/
>Scheme".  It seems that the SGDL and Logik3d pages are no more,
>although there are
>
>http:/www.sgdl.com/
>
>(permanently under construction) and
>
>http://logik3d.free.fr/

SGDL is not really dead. It is simply in (prolonged) hibernation. The formed
founder and CEO of SGDL (Jean-François Rotgé) has started another business a
few years ago:  Parallel Geometry - http://www.llgeometry.com. They may be
doing things in Scheme, I don't know.

>It appears that Dominique wrote a lot of code for the SGDL system, at
>least from some messages that went back and forth on the PLT mail
>list.   Is there anyone still trying to do stuff like this in Scheme
>and/or Lisp (and don't tell me AutoCAD!).

Note that I did not work a lot on the graphics/geometric engine (which was
written in C/C++, BTW, not in Scheme). Scheme was mainly used as a scripting
language.  I developed an IDE for the SGDL modelers/architects.

Dominique