[gambit-list] Compile scheme to executable code...

Adrien Pierard pierarda at iro.umontreal.ca
Mon May 7 10:00:42 EDT 2007

>     -D___GAMBCDIR=\"/opt/g4/4.0b22\" -c _std.c
>     os.h:537: error: previous declaration of ‘char** environ’ with ‘C++’
>     linkage
>     /usr/include/unistd.h:496: error: conflicts with new declaration
>     with ‘C’ linkage
>     make[1]: *** [_std.o] Error 1

I suggested that David dirtily comments the line (537) in OS.h that does

#ifdef USE_environ
extern char **environ;
#endif

for it is a bad idea to modify unistd.h (that declares that same
variable line 475 under the __USE_GNU #ifdef statement).

Looks like it compiled well. If this inserted a big bug somewhere, I am
sure he'll be happy to ask you for another solution :)

Adrien

--
"I am not a Church numeral; I am a free variable!"
(The Scheme Underground)