[gambit-list] Gambit-compatible libraries

Dr Nicholas Walton nwalton at mac.com
Sun Feb 4 03:59:52 EST 2007

Here's a reply I received previously from Marc

> Hi,
>
> Could anyone confirm the status of SLIB with Gambit 4? Are there work
> arounds for any known problems?
>
> Many Thanks

It depends on your version.  In some of the recent betas the Gambit
runtime contained a definition of a "require" macro.  This prevented
SLIB to define "require" for its own use.  If that's the problem, after
a successful "make", you should comment the following lines in
lib/_nonstd.scm, and do "make":

(define-runtime-macro (require . rest)
   `(##require , at rest))

That should fix the problem.  If not let me know what issue you are
having.

Marc