[gambit-list] Termite in production?

Guillaume Germain guillaume.germain at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 14:27:38 EST 2007

Hi,

I wouldn't consider Termite to be "production ready" either, at least not in
the sense that Erlang is.  I know some people use Termite in their work
every day, so at least its useful for them.

It's true that the source code is a bit of a mess, but I've recently started
to work on it again.  I'm refactoring the code so that it is packaged as a
Gambit library instead of having to be compiled along with Gambit.  It will
make it easier to work on.  I'm in the process of documenting it as well.

As for exception propagation bugs, those have been fixed a while ago (unless
there are some that I'm not aware of, which is possible).  The "remote
ports" feature wasn't enabled by default, as a full integration with Gambit
would be quite a bit of work: macros in Gambit generate a lot of different
procedures to deal with ports, and I haven't figured out how to fully wrap
all those.

About a "portable Termite", I personally don't really care, just like I
don't really care about "portable" Scheme code.  Gambit does almost
everything I want, and there are so many ideas I have about expanding
Termite that I'd rather work on those instead.

I get almost no feedback on it, so I'm quite happy to get James comments,
especially since I'm starting to care about it again.  If other people have
feedback of any kind, I'd really like to hear it.

Guillaume