[gambit-list] Termite in production?

James Long longster at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 11:55:40 EST 2007

I would not consider Termite production ready.

The creators of Termite describe it as a prototype.  In my opinion,
the source is quite a mess, with a bunch of commented out code and
little organization (remote ports for example aren't usable without
modifications).  There's also known bugs with exception propagation
which make it less useful.

With that said, Termite works very well, especially if you are willing
to slap on a thin layer of code which makes up for some its current
deficiencies.  There's solid deserializing / serializing there as well
as a few other things.  It may need compression if it wants to compete
with Erlang's remote messaging speed.  You could make Termite
production ready somewhat quickly, but I think most people are more
interested in a portable Termite, and the current code is deeply
integrated with Gambit.