[gambit-list] Installing Gambit-C on Windows using Visual C++ 7

Kevin Brammer kbrammer at shaw.ca
Sat Aug 4 13:03:34 EDT 2007

Hi,

I am new to using Gambit Scheme.  I would like to be able to use Gambit Scheme with VC7.  So I am trying to install Gambit Scheme 4.0 beta 22 on Windows XP.  I have followed the instructions in the INSTALL file that came with the tarball and I was able to compile Gambit-C using VC7.  I notices that six.exe didn't seem to be included.  My main question is after I have the binaries compiled what is the proceedure for setting up the install directory?  I originally tried manually copying the binaries into (as I compiled the system in C:\Temp\Gambit-C\): C:\Gambit-C\4.0b22\bin; I copied the lib file into C:\Gambit-C\4.0b22\lib; and I copied the include file into C:\Gambit-C\4.0b22\include.  I then set up the following environment variables:

INCLUDE=C:\Gambit-C\4.0b22\include;
LIB=C:\Gambit-C\4.0b22\lib;
PATH=C:\Gambit-C\4.0b22\bin

I then wrote up the following file (hello.scm):

(display "Hello World :)" )

At the command prompt I entered:

C:\Temp> gsc -link hello.scm
*** ERROR IN ##parameterize -- No such file or directory
(current-directory "C:\\lib")

I think the following error has to do with location Gambit-C was compiled at, but I'm not sure.  As well if it is the error I'm not sure how to fix it.  I would appreciate any help I could get on this and the above issues as I would really like to be able to use Gambit Scheme.

- Kevin