[gambit-list] Gambit installers

Marc Feeley feeley at iro.umontreal.ca
Fri Aug 3 12:51:48 EDT 2007

On 3-Aug-07, at 9:11 AM, Christopher Diggins wrote:

> I hope I am not repeating old information (I did browse the archives
> quickly) but for installing on Windows I find that the free version of
> Advanced Installer by Calyphon (http://www.advancedinstaller.com)
> works great.

Thanks for the suggestion.  I have tried Advanced Installer and I
didn't see an obvious way of integrating it in an automatic build
process (is there a CLI?).  Anyway, on Windows I have chosen NSIS and
on MacOS X I use PackageMaker.  For PackageMaker, which doesn't
include an uninstaller, the installer will install a "gambc-
uninstall" script in the PATH which will clean things up.

I know there are other options, but this should be sufficient until
someone implements something better.  It will be easy to experiment
with new installers in the next release of Gambit which includes the
automatic packaging scripts.

I would love to add scripts for automatically creating packages for
Debian, Gentoo, MacPorts, etc.  Can someone look into this?