[gambit-list] IO and threads question

Francois Magnan francois.magnan at licef.teluq.uqam.ca
Mon Apr 23 12:27:12 EDT 2007

Hi,

I have a strange problem with input/output and threads using
GambitC-4b22 (WinXP/MINGW). I tried to isolate it.

It can be basically reproduced by running the following code in the
interpreter:

(define (main)

  (let ((t (make-thread

            (lambda ()

              (display "\n\n\n hello world!\n\n\n")

              (force-output)))))

    (thread-start! t)))

(main)

Which does the expected thing: display the "hello world" message in the
console.

If I compile the above program to an executable it doesn't display the
message anymore.

In my real context, I am using a mutex and many threads are writing a
trace to the console. In the compiled version I get no traces...

What am I missing?

Thank you,

Francois Magnan