[gambit-list] porting to system without tty or standard IO

Scott Graham sgraham at gmail.com
Fri May 27 16:35:11 EDT 2005

Hi

Has anyone tried porting Gambit to a system without a tty and/or
without the low-level file descriptor level? I'm trying to port to an
embedded system that's quite similar to USE_WIN32 as far as os_*.[ch]
are concerned, however, it has neither a TTY, nor stdin.

I had a try, and got as far as gsi compiling, but I'm getting an
exception that I don't understand early on startup.

So, just wondering if anyone has tried this, or has suggestions on
plan of attack. Ideally, I'd like to have the system work over a
socket connected to the host PC rather than expecting a variety of
streams to be available "locally".

thanks,
scott