[Lisa_teatalk] Tea Talk Tomorrow!

Aaron Courville aaron.courville at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 21:00:47 EDT 2010

Greeting,

This week we will have a talk by Nicholas Morsillo, from the
University of Rochester (working with Chris Pal) on his recent
explorations of the Deep. Hope to see you all there. There will be
snacks.

Date and Time: Thursday August 19th, 15h00
Location: LISA lab (AA3256)

Title and abstract:

Extending Convolutional Deep Belief Models for Improved Task-Specific
Feature Learning

In this talk I will present a number of topics involved in my current
work with convolutional deep belief models for visual feature
construction.  I will discuss issues related to implementation,
visualization, and data preprocessing, and I will introduce a novel
semi-supervised extension to the standard layerwise training schedule.
 Preliminary results favor careful preprocessing and semi-supervised
training.  Questions, comments, and discussion are welcome.

Cheers,
Aaron

--
Aaron C. Courville