[Lisa_teatalk] Tea Talk Today! (NOTE: new time and place)

Aaron Courville aaron.courville at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 10:11:32 EDT 2010

Hi All,

This week Lysiane  Bouchard will be telling us about her recent work
on machine learning applications to neuroimaging data.

Where: AA1409 (tentative)
When: Thursday August 26th,  14h30

Title/Abstract:
Machine learning applications to neuroimaging data

Neuroimaging techniques allow measurements at more and more refined resolution
through various imaging modalities. These technical advancements create
a need for more and more sophisticated analysis tools and are certainly related
to the growing interest for machine learning algorithms in the neuroscience
community. The goal of this talk is to give an overview of machine learning
applications to neuroimaging data. First, I will introduce you to neuroimaging
data, more specifically to Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) data. Second,
I will present several examples of machine learning applications, including a
study on auditory perception on which I’ve been working recently. Finally,
I will discuss about a few popular research trends aiming to integrate a-priori
knowledge and traditional preprocessing steps in the algorithms to
increase their
interpretability and efficiency.

Cheers,
Aaron