[Snow-users-list] Snow-users-list] Difficulties on Gambit

Matthew Martin matt.a.martin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 11:07:16 EDT 2008

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 9:26 AM, Joel J. Adamson <jadamson at partners.org> wrote:
> "Matthew Martin" <matt.a.martin at gmail.com> writes:
>
>  > On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 2:56 PM, Joel J. Adamson <jadamson at partners.org> wrote:
>

> > That's an old problem... kinda surprised it's still there.
>

>  I know there was discussion of it on the list (I checked the archives).
>  This was in a download of snow-generic from the main download page.  Is
>  there a VC repository somewhere?

I'm not sure.

>  > 2 things.
>  >
>  > 1) It's "srfi1", not "srfi-1". However, it should simply reply with
>  > "Snowfort does not contain package srfi-1."
>  > --------------------------------------------
>  > Martin at Deimos $ snowman install srfi-1
>  > Snowfort does not contain package srfi-1.
>  > ---------------------------------------------
>  > (the above is using mzscheme)
>
>  Yeah, I get exactly the same message when I try any snowman command.  I
>  just tried it with those environment variables, and I get the same thing.
>

>  > 2) I get the same error you did when I try 'env SNOW_HOST=gambit
>  > snowman install srfi-1' or 'env SNOW_HOST=gambit snowman install
>  > srfi1'. gsi is also in my $PATH.
>  >
>  > It would seem the immediate solution is to try a different Scheme
>  > implementation for the time being until someone more knowledgeable
>  > responds.
>
>  I'd love to take your suggestion, but I'm hooked on Gambit ;)
>
>  Here's what happens if I try guile:
>  ,----
>  | /home/joel/lisp/scm/.snow: Zshell> SNOW_HOST=guile snowman install srfi1
>  | ERROR: In procedure scm_lreadr:
>  | ERROR: #<unknown port>:5:220: illegal character in escape sequence: #\3
>  `----

Same here on Guile 1.8.3 :
Deimos $ SNOW_HOST=guile snowman install srfi1

ERROR: In procedure scm_lreadr:
ERROR: #<unknown port>:5:220: illegal character in escape sequence: #\3

And on Chicken v. 2.608 - netbsd-unix-gnu-x86 I get:
Martin at Deimos $ SNOW_HOST=chicken snowman install srfi1
Warning: undefined escape sequence in string - probably forgot
backslash ? in line 5
#\3
Warning: undefined escape sequence in string - probably forgot
backslash ? in line 21
#\3
Warning: undefined escape sequence in string - probably forgot
backslash ? in line 21
#\2
[...]
backslash ? in line 39
#\3
Warning: undefined escape sequence in string - probably forgot
backslash ? in line 39
#\2
srfi1/v1.0.16/snow/srfi-1-reference.scm -- invalid signature by:
("Jeremie Lasalle Ratelle <pouexmachinax at gmail.com>")
srfi1/v1.0.16/snow/srfi-1-tests.scm -- invalid signature by: ("Jeremie
Lasalle Ratelle <pouexmachinax at gmail.com>")
srfi1/v1.0.16/snow/srfi1.scm -- invalid signature by: ("Jeremie
Lasalle Ratelle <pouexmachinax at gmail.com>")
Package srfi1/v1.0.16 failed verification.
The verification may succeed if one of the following certificates is imported:
 1) "Jeremie Lasalle Ratelle <pouexmachinax at gmail.com>"
    fingerprint: c113604551030ec83b040dd737fad9bb
    purpose: (snow)
    authenticity: *** not signed ***
    ASCII: 2VydC12MQoiSmVyZW1pZSBMYXNhbGxlIFJhdGVsbGUgPHBvdWV4bWFjaGluYXggYXQgZ21haWwuY29tPiIKKCJSMkFEUXc9PSIgIlNVRTJ3dz09IikKKHNub3cpCig1MTIgIkFjTmtENk5uRzNjMHNNODRONUZYMWRxakJ0T1owWVZlNFd5TUZTTXdBbWVsM0dhNXlTNFB4cnBOYjVXLzBVcERxc0ZVTlhjdFpXdUgzeWFjdG5ESUYrYz0iICJBUUFCIikKI2YK
Deimos $