[Snow-users-list] A few questions... and a suggestion.

Adrien Pierard pierarda at iro.umontreal.ca
Thu Feb 21 05:31:16 EST 2008

On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 07:24:12PM -0600, Matthew Martin wrote :
> I'm not sure how picky license: is. Would (license: bsd/mit-like) be ok?
> Something more descriptive?

Or perhaps a link to a file inside the snowball, where this full header
is, plus whatever compatible license you want to couple it with.

> And a suggestion:
>
> It'd be nice if the docs mentioned that if you're using a *BSD, you probably
> want to use gtar when creating snowballs.
> I was racking my brain for a while on that one.  Using NetBSD's default tar
> at least, seems to confuse snowman when it
> tries to unpack the snowball saying something about invalid filenames.

All my computers run FreeBSD, and I never had any issue with snow and
tar.
One solution could be a snow package that builds others, with a simple
tar embedded.

Adrien

--
"I am not a Church numeral; I am a free variable!"
(The Scheme Underground)