[Snow-users-list] Snowball upload

Marc Feeley feeley at iro.umontreal.ca
Thu Sep 20 13:37:10 EDT 2007

On 20-Sep-07, at 12:22 PM, Julian Graham wrote:

> Hi,
>
>   I'm having what may be a related problem -- I'm trying to upload a
> trivial snowball for Oleg's SRFI-2 reference implementation, and I
> can't do it either via the upload form or cURL.  Both methods give me
> the following error:

> ...I've followed the documentation closely and can't figure out what
> I'm doing wrong.  (Maybe a permissions problem?)  I've attached the
> package in the hopes that someone can take a look.

My guess is that you didn't create the tar file correctly.  If you
are in the directory containing the srfi2 directory, then you should
execute:

    tar cf srfi2-v1_0_0.tar srfi2/v1.0.0

You probably forgot to put the /v1.0.0 at the end.

A much simpler approach is to use snowman to upload your package with
the command

   snowman upload srfi2

Marc