[MSLUG] Congrats for last night

Marc Feeley feeley at iro.umontreal.ca
Fri Aug 31 09:36:42 EDT 2007

On 30-Aug-07, at 6:19 PM, Guillaume Germain wrote:

> I'd like to thanks the presenters and the organizers for last night's
> meeting.  I really enjoyed the formula with short presentations.
>
> It was clearly one of my favorite MSLUG meeting.  I hope we'll have
> other meetings like this in the future.

I too enjoyed our last meeting because there was lots of enthusiasm
and community participation.  We should strive to continue with this
model, with at least 2 presentations per meeting.  Given that there
are over 70 MSLUG members, we could achieve this goal if each member
gave a presentation once every 3 years.  Cerainly doable.

Some may feel they don't have enough to say to give a presentation.
I would really like to hear from everyone to know at least why they
are interested in Lisp/Scheme, if they use it in your work or hobby,
etc.  Moreover, people not able to participate as a presenter could
perhaps help in other areas.  How about:

1) Prepare a MSLUG picnic/hike/apple picking in a nice place this fall.

2) Advertise our meetings to reach out to other developers/academics
in the Montreal area.

3) Find prestigious presenters to invite.

4) Maintain and improve the MSLUG web site.

5) Organize special events (such as the DLS workshop).

I see a bright future for the MSLUG if we get more community
involvement.

Marc