[Lisa_seminaires] REMINDER: UdeM-McGill-MITACS machine learning seminar Tues May 13th, 10:00am, PAA3195

Hugo Larochelle larocheh at iro.umontreal.ca
Lun 12 Mai 11:51:13 EDT 2008

This week's seminar (see http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/article.php3?
id_article=107&lang=en):

Deep belief networks are universal approximators and a recurrent
neural network that learns to remember

by Ilya Sutskever,
Department of Computer Science
University of Toronto

Location: Pavillon André Aisenstadt (UdeM), room 3195
Time: May 13th 2008, 10:00am

The talk will consist of two parts. In the first part I will prove
that narrow deep belief networks can approximate any distribution
over binary vectors to arbitrary accuracy, and describe a simple
greedy algorithm that can learn such networks in an impractical manner.

In the second part I will introduce a new kind of recurrent neural
networks that can learn long term dependencies much better than
standard recurrent neural networks.