[gambit-list] LSP implementation for Gambit

Ricardo G. Herdt r.herdt at posteo.de
Thu Sep 15 02:09:06 EDT 2022

Hi,

I released new versions of my scheme LSP server and some LSP clients.
The biggest change is that they now have Gambit support :) Thanks Marc
for the help.

The software is still in an early stage of development. You can find the
LSP server here: https://codeberg.org/rgherdt/scheme-lsp-server
Some important notes regarding Gambit:

- only Gambit 4.9.4+ is supported. I recommend installing Gambit from
its master branch, since it has important bug fixes for GSC regarding
some R7RS forms this library relies on (particularly `guard`). If you
want to stick to Gambit 4.9.4, don't compile the library after
installing it, otherwise it won't work.
- I only tested this on Linux, but would expect that it also works on
Mac.
- some of the LSP clients listed below will prompt for automatically
installing the LSP server if needed.

Currently following LSP clients are available:

* Emacs
- lsp-scheme
   Available in MELPA. The extension will prompt for installing the LSP
server if it's not found.
   Here the source code: https://codeberg.org/rgherdt/emacs-lsp-scheme
- eglot
   Follow these instructions to activate the LSP server for eglot:
https://codeberg.org/rgherdt/scheme-lsp-server#emacs-eglot-https-github-com-joaotavora-eglot

* VSCode/VSCodium
- vscode-scheme-lsp
   Available both in VSCode's and VSCodium's marketplaces under the name
Scheme LSP.
   The extension will prompt for auto-installing the LSP server if it's
not found.
   Source code: https://codeberg.org/rgherdt/vscode-scheme-lsp

After installing any of these extensions, don't forget to configure it
for Gambit before start using it. Refer to the corresponding docs to see
how to do this.

Let me know if you have any trouble using them.

Regards,

Ricardo