[gambit-list] Parameter objects performance Q

Hendrik Boom hendrik at topoi.pooq.com
Wed Mar 11 08:11:04 EDT 2020

On Wed, Mar 11, 2020 at 02:32:17AM -0400, Faré wrote:

> —♯ƒ • François-René ÐVB Rideau •Reflection&Cybernethics• http://fare.tunes.org
> We could have an obfuscated-scheme contest, but if call/cc and macros are
> allowed, that would be like using nuclear bombs to hunt bunnyrabbits...
>         — Ray Dillinger

Indeed.  Guy Steele pointed out long ago that continuations had all the
power of go-to's, and used that in Rabbit, his Scheme compiler.
Yes, a bunnyrabbit.

And as for nuclear bombs, continuations hav all the problems of go-to's
as well.  The only reason we tolerate this is that continuations are
much, much more useful.

-- hendrik