[gambit-list] Filter

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Mon Feb 11 07:20:45 EST 2019

On Sun, Feb 10, 2019 at 11:56 PM Bradley Lucier <lucier at math.purdue.edu>
wrote:

“filter” is not part of the R4RS or R5RS scheme standards, which Gambit
> implements.  It appears that Marc is rapidly adding routines to Gambit to
> make it R7RS compliant, but I don’t see a “filter” routine in R7RS-small.
>
> “Filter” is implemented in SRFI-1, and there is port of SRFI-1 to Gambit
> in the “Dumping Grounds”:

Right.  The only SRFI-1 procedures added to R7RS-small are `make-list` and
`list-copy`, based on the corresponding vector and string procedures.  In
addition, some others were slightly changed for SRFI 1 compatibility:  e.g.
R7RS-small `map` is specified to stop when one of the list arguments is
exhausted, whereas in R5RS it was an error to provide lists of different
lengths.

Evolutionary psychology is the theory that men are nothing but horn-dogs,
and that women only want them for their money.  --Susan McCarthy (adapted)