[gambit-list] Some floating-point benchmarks

Marc Feeley feeley at iro.umontreal.ca
Wed Apr 18 19:02:05 EDT 2018

> On Apr 18, 2018, at 6:29 PM, Bradley Lucier <lucier at math.purdue.edu> wrote:
>
> The code that translates FLOATvector-ref to f64vector-ref is commented out in all prefix files.  Is that intended?

Hmmm… very strange!  Must have commented those out at some point to allow a “fair” comparison with implementations of Scheme that don’t support f64vectors.

I see that the r7rs-benchmarks do the same, which is unfortunate because they will measure code with lots of uninteresting boxing/unboxing.  I think lots of Scheme implementations support f64vectors nowadays.