[gambit-list] Question about compilation using gsc

Marc Feeley feeley at iro.umontreal.ca
Fri Jan 27 09:27:34 EST 2017

The order is important.  The Gambit linker (part of gsc) will ensure that the execution of each file's body will be sequenced in the same way as the order of the files on the command line.  So after

   gsc -o out -exe f1.scm f2.scm

executing out will have the same effect as doing

   (load "f1.scm")
   (load "f2.scm")

in the interpreter except that the code will be compiled rather than interpreted.  In many cases the files that compose a program have dependencies and it is important for gsc to obey they ordering so the programmer has some way to specify an order.

Marc