[gambit-list] Just a silly thought but now with the interlanguage backend, can you run Gambit on the JVM?

Marc Feeley feeley at iro.umontreal.ca
Sat Nov 21 08:46:37 EST 2015

It is already there!

gsc -c -target java foo.scm

Performance however is atrocious… something like two or three orders of magnitude slower than with the C backend.  We’re currently looking into the issue and our current guess is that the Java JIT compiler is misbehaving.

The supported target languages are c, js, python, ruby and java.  Currently the ruby target is experiencing problems, but probably an easy fix when I look into it (it was working fine before some recent refactoring).

Marc