[gambit-list] Lots of -Wconversion warnings

Bradley Lucier lucier at math.purdue.edu
Mon Oct 13 17:19:38 EDT 2014

I noticed a lot of warning when building Gambit-REPL in clang, so I
decided to see whether they could be triggered in gcc.

So I configured gambit with

./configure 'CC=/pkgs/gcc-devel/bin/gcc -W -Wall -march=native
-Wconversion' '--enable-single-host' '--enable-multiple-versions'

and indeed, the -Wconversion did pop up a lot of warnings; the log is
attached.

I'm  a bit concerned when we have individual vector sizes > 2GB, etc.
(My home machine now comes with 32GB RAM; at work, there's a server with
160GB.)

Brad