[gambit-list] example from the doc

Denis Fourt denis.prog at hotmail.com
Sun May 11 20:38:17 EDT 2014

Hi,
In Gambit 4.7.2 documentation, in the section dedicated to threads, there is the following code example :

					(define thread-alive?
            (let ((unique (list ’unique)))

					              (lambda (thread)
                ; Note: this procedure raises an exception if
                ; the thread terminated abnormally.
                (eq? (thread-join! thread 0 unique) unique))))This code is actually incorrect (according to gsi), the let is rejected. I believe that :(define thread-alive?  (lambda (thread)     (eq? (thread-join! thread 0 'unique) 'unique)))
should be enough (though I do not know what happens if the thread returns nothing). I would like to know if there was some precise reason behind this let construction.Thanks,
Denis