[gambit-list] Gambit-C and LambdaNative on Windows Phone?

Petersen, Chris CPetersen at cw.bc.ca
Tue Sep 17 12:49:50 EDT 2013

Hi Leif,

It's great to hear that you are giving Gambit and LambdaNative consideration for
development within your company. LambdaNative does not currently support Windows
Phone 8 though. I'm confident that Gambit Scheme itself will build for it, and there is
some interest in making LambdaNative run on it as well. Personally I'd like to see
LambdaNative support all the major mobile operating systems. With the arrival of
the NDK in WP8 it should be possible to make that happen. We would just need to
write a DirectX rendering backend, and figure out how to drive the windows build
from our command line model. At this point however, there are no definite plans for
making that happen.

Chris