[gambit-list] emscripten and gambit-c

Marc Feeley feeley at iro.umontreal.ca
Thu Oct 31 17:54:26 EDT 2013

On Oct 23, 2013, at 9:06 AM, tcl super dude <tcleval at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Nice work with gambit in the browser!

I have compiled Gambit with a recent version of emscripten and this improves performance quite a bit.  Running Gambit in the Firefox browser is about 17x slower than when run natively (compiled with gcc).  You can try it out here:

http://feeley.github.io/gambit-in-the-browser/

> Well now, we mortals want to know how to code a simple hello world combining gambit and emscripten. Could anyone please give us some light on the subject?

Please find attached the script that was used to compile Gambit-in-the-browser.  It automates the downloading of emscripten and Gambit, and builds the interpreter to get gsi.js .  Let me know if you need more info.