[gambit-list] -target js

Francois Magnan magnan at categoricaldesign.com
Tue Nov 12 12:39:11 EST 2013

Hi,

I would like to use the -target js mode of Gambit to compile a scheme program and run in in a browser. I read on this list that the functionality is still incomplete but I wonder if there are plans to make it work in the near future.

I was able to compile trivial programs but my first try at a “real life” example is failing. It seems the generated javascript is missing some library functions like that the generated code is calling like:

Gambit_Symbol.stringToSymbol()
Gambit_Char.fxToChar()
Gambit_String.jsstringToString()
…

Is there a more complete version somewhere that defines those gambit structures in javascript?
I used Gambit-4.7.0 for my tests.

Thank you,
François Magnan