[gambit-list] Gambit in the browser

Marc Feeley feeley at iro.umontreal.ca
Mon Jun 10 13:15:43 EDT 2013

Hello James!

On Jun 10, 2013, at 10:09 AM, James Long <longster at gmail.com> wrote:

> I haven't used Gambit Scheme lately, but wow, that is a great idea. I hadn't thought of it! I have worked a lot with asm.js, and I noticed that it's failing to run with asm.js because it uses setjmp/longjmp. I know that Alon is working on getting that to work with emscripten. I wonder how much work it would be to get all of Gambit working with asm.js.

I'm currently working on that problem with Alon.  I'm also tracking down the bug causing sudden termination after a minute or so of execution.

> This might make me want to start hacking on Gambit again!

Hmmm!  Care to try to get networking working?  WebRTC would allow two browsers running Scheme code to exchange data, migrate threads, etc.  Now *that* would be neat!