[gambit-list] Consistent, small program segmentation fault between 4.6.7 and 4.5.8

Marc Feeley feeley at IRO.UMontreal.CA
Fri Jun 7 11:29:27 EDT 2013

On 2013-06-05, at 6:01 PM, Bakul Shah <bakul at bitblocks.com> wrote:

> We know it works for v6.6.1 so may be it is worth doing a
> binary search over git commits?

A binary search (with "git bisect") did not work out too well, so I wrote a script which iterates over the latest commits with a linear search (the script misc/checkout-latest-good-commit).  This allowed me to find (after trying 20 commits in 40 minutes) that the bug was introduced in commit c89610066937d51eeeac866bb6320bcd5bd61f87 when "long" (a signed integer) was changed to "size_t" (an unsigned integer).  So I have pushed a commit which reverts this back until I can investigate further and see which one of the uses of a signed integer were really required.