[gambit-list] Difficulty with Gambit

Hendrik Boom hendrik at topoi.pooq.com
Fri Feb 8 13:20:52 EST 2013

On Fri, Feb 08, 2013 at 01:47:14AM -0200, Eduardo Costa wrote:
> One year or so ago, I contacted this list about running Gambit on Linux (I
> compiled the programs on Zorin/Ubuntu, and tried to run them on a choice of
> Linux hosting services). My programs work perfectly well in about every
> Scheme compiler, except Gambit. For instance, they run on Bigloo, Racket,
> Larceny, Ikarus, Vicare, Chez, to name a few. The programs also run on
>  Dorai's Scheme to Common Lisp compiler. I tried the Scheme to Common Lisp
> compiler with SBCL, CMUCL, CLISP, ECL, etc. However, they don't run on
> Gambit. Although the production code is quite complex (for instance, it
> includes Serrano's sqlite clone), I wrote a very simple example in order to
> show what the problem is:
>
> #! ./gsi -:d-
> (display "Content-type: text/html")
> (newline)
> (newline)
> (display "<html><body>Teste:")
> (newline)
> (display "<h1>Hello</h1>")
> (newline)
> (display "</html></body>")
> (newline)
>
> The error is:
>
> Internal Server Error
>
> The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable
> to complete your request.

I don't know what server might be complaining, but your tags are not
properly nested., aand it looks as if a few are missing.   For example,
is nested within </body>.

Als0, shouldn't there be some kind of tag around Content-type: text/html

Sorry if I haven't found a problem with Gambit, but it seems to me there
are problems in what you're asking it to do.

-- hendrik