[gambit-list] Lack of Libraries/ FFI / Tutorials

Tomas Möre tomas.o.more at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 10:48:32 EST 2013

Hello everybody!

I would like to start out by saying a thank you to Marc for making Gambit.
It is an awesome piece of software! Keep up the good work!

But I would like to point on the lack of standard libraries for things such
OpenGL, cocoa / the windows equivalent etc. (there are a few in the dumping
grounds but they are incredibly outdated)

Starting up using gambit has required a  great deal of self guided
exploring and trickery. And I can not see any reason why it should not
exist any kind of simple examples for beginners to look at.
I do know that there are one to be found on the site however I find it a
bit too "technical" for some people.

To the question!

I had a little idea to ask you guys if any one you are interested in making
a little development project to update the basic libraries needed.
Maybe some of you already have such things and I encourage you to upload
them to the dumping grounds! Sharing is caring! :)
I will start working on doing these things myself but I must admin I
neither have enough time and experience to do a good job all by myself.

If you have an interest send me a mail!

Best regards, Tomas Möre