[gambit-list] syntactic question

Marc Feeley feeley at iro.umontreal.ca
Thu Dec 5 10:11:03 EST 2013

On Dec 5, 2013, at 9:08 AM, Fuchs Ira <ihf at bit.net> wrote:

> I am hoping to re-familiarize myself with Scheme and I've begun by doing some reading and downloading a copy of Gambit Scheme. When Gambit starts up it displays an example of Scheme code which includes the following line:
>
>> \ for (int i=1;i<=3; i++) pp(i);
>
> The semantics is clear but I don't recognize this as Scheme syntax and I couldn't find a reference to anything resembling this in the Scheme reference manual. Could some kind person tell me what this is and where it is described?

This is the Scheme Infix Syntax (SIX) which is an extension to the standard Scheme syntax specific to the Gambit Scheme system.

Basically it provides a syntax close to the C language, but with the semantics of Scheme.  You can read more about it here: http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~gambit/doc/gambit-c.html#Scheme-infix-syntax-extension .