[gambit-list] Promises & lazy thunks

Jason Felice jason.m.felice at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 13:48:13 EDT 2013

Promises as specified in the Scheme spec are not terribly useful... but I
was thinking that I could make a much cleaner implementation of lazy
sequences and other things given a Scheme runtime which automatically
forced promises when the promise is operated on as a value.

I was wondering if anyone's thought about doing this.  Also, if it's really
as hard as making every primitive (except, course, promise?,
promise-forced? and friends) check and force every parameter, or if there
are any neat implementation tricks, especially if there's something which
can be used in gambit (like error-handler, but that seems gross.  Also,
incomplete and messy).

-Jason