[gambit-list] Http Client confusion

Matthew Phillips matthew at phillipsoft.biz
Wed Nov 28 15:51:08 EST 2012

Mikael <mikael.rcv <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Sorry for this. In the meantime, if you want a smooth safe path, go with the
'legacy' branch, Sack for HTTP functionality, and
https://github.com/pereckerdal/std or the updated version of it that I provide,
for bundled libraries.)

Thanks for your help. I did this, checked out the legacy branch and compiled
with
gsc build.  That gave me a build.o1 file that I stuck in /usr/local/Gambit-
C/lib/modules as according to the documentation.

Then I cloned https://github.com/pereckerdal/std within /usr/local/Gambit-
C/lib/modules.  Now I get this:

matthew at notebook-server:~/Downloads/gambtest/sack/src$ bsc
*** WARNING -- Variable "module#compile-file-to-c" used in module "build.o1" is
undefined
Loaded Black Hole.
Gambit v4.6.6

> (import http-client)
*** ERROR -- Module resolver not found: srfi

So, again, I cloned this repo within /usr/local/Gambit-C/lib/modules
https://github.com/pereckerdal/srfi  but still get the same error.