[gambit-list] Something like ##device-port-eof? available?

Mikael mikael.rcv at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 13:21:55 EST 2012

Dear Marc,

How do I know if a device port reached EOF?

Is there a flag internally in Gambit somewhere I suppose there is a flag
internally somewhere in Gambit that keeps track of this.
|wait-for-input|just returns immediately. Of course I could do
something like (read-subu8vector
v 0 1 port 0) though in this particular application I'd much prefer to only
do the socket reading and writing completely outside the scope of Gambit's
IO system.

If it's not in Gambit then please just say so, there's always another
implementation path, though I'd appreciate not to go into higher complexity
than needed.

Thanks!

(define (port-wait-for-input port)
  (##wait-for-io!