[gambit-list] TCP socket never read from/written to using Gambit API:s is completely untouched by Gambit so one can do reads&writes directly with OS on them uninterferedly, right?

Mikael mikael.rcv at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 15:50:53 EST 2012

Dear Marc,

If I open a TCP port by either |open-tcp-client|, or by (read
(open-tcp-server .. )), and then I just let the object remain referenced to
as not to GC and do not perform any Gambit IO operations on them whatsoever
except for |port-wait-for-input|, |port-wait-for-output| and |force-output|,
then I can do any IO operations on the socket that I want to (i.e. reading
and writing) directly with the OS and Gambit will *not* interfere with
those by by reading in prebuffering purposes or alike?

(I do the direct socket access by extracting the TCP port's
socket integer from the port object.)

Thanks,
Mikael

(define (port-wait-for-input port)