[gambit-list] Problem with FFI & Memory Corruption

Taylor Venable taylor at metasyntax.net
Mon Mar 12 17:59:30 EDT 2012

2012/2/14 Álvaro Castro-Castilla <alvaro.castro.castilla at gmail.com>:
> So, what's different from http://ssax.sourceforge.net/?

I'm really sorry, I must have missed this message when it came in.
Projecting out a bit, I would say that:

* This will eventually support more features of XML than SSAX, because
from what I can tell libxml2 can handle more (e.g. xinclude) than
SSAX.

* This should be faster and use less memory for parsing large XML
files, even today, because the parser is written entirely in C.
Although that's purely speculation and I might be wrong.

* Today, SSAX is a much better choice than what I'm working on, for
99.9% of all applications. :-)

Also, there's no event-driven model of parsing with my code currently
--- so SSAX right now is the only one that does... SAX. I'd like to
work on that over the next couple weeks.

--
Taylor C. Venable
http://metasyntax.net/